Posted on: 1 April, 2020 - 15:19
What is Respondus?
Respondus LockDown Browser is a browser which increases the security of test/exam delivery in Blackboard (iLearn). When students use Respondus LockDown Browser to access an exam, you are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. Once an assessment has started, students are locked into the assessment until it is submitted for grading. Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor support the integrity and invigilation of a student taking an online exam. The following videos tutorials will explain and demonstrate how to use Blackboard (iLearn) and Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor to conduct your exams remotely.
How do i set up Lockdown Browser?
The following video shows the steps needed in order to set up Lockdown Browser so you can take an online exam.
Setting Up Lockdown Browser:
Please download LockDown browser using your AUS credentials only
- Download LockDown Browser here
- Ensure your webcam is working! - Respondus LockDown uses your webcam in order to verify your identity throughout your online exam.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection - It is always best to use a wired connection however if you are on WiFi then please stay close to your router to avoid connection troubles.
Note: Compatible with:
- Windows: 10, 8, 7
- Mac: MacOS 10.15 to 10.12, OS X 10.11, OSX 10.10
- iOS: 11.0+ (iPad only) Must have a compatible LMS integration.
How Do I Set Up My Environment For Online Exams?
The following video demonstrates and advises how to set up your physical environment to have an optimum exam experience.
- Avoid rooms where children or other people are present
- Turn off any background noise
- Make sure your internet connection is consistent and strong
- Place your computer or device or a flat, hard surface such as a table and sit in a chair during the exam.
- Make sure the area around your computer is clear of any books, paper and phones.
- Don’t wear any sunglasses or baseball caps.
- Avoid back lighting
- Turn off all other devices and place them outside your reach.
How do I take an online exam which is being proctored?
Lockdown Browser accompanied by a web cam enables you to take exams while you are off campus.
In this video:
- Download and install the Lockdown Browser
- Starting the Lockdown Browser, Access the test, and start pre-test web cam, identification, and environment checks
- Explaining how your camera and microphone will be recording and where these recordings go
- Application of academic honesty code of conduct and the consequences of breach
Dealing with technical issues during an online exam?
Dealing with technology is not always free of technical issues. This video is about dealing with technical issue during an online exam. This video is about dealing with technical issue during an online exam.
In the video:
- Close all other computer applications before attempting the test
- Access Respondus Lockdown Browser Help Center
- Run the System Check
- Dealing with camera issues during an online exam
- Sending feedback on issues you faced during the test
Email: [email protected]