Posted on: 2 June, 2015 - 18:02
This service includes support for the following:
- Provide access to network services to Students, Faculty and Staff through a wireless connection on campus.
- Protect client’s wireless network traffic by assigning them to appropriate network location.
- Support and troubleshoot connectivity problems.
- Provide new wireless access points (for fee service).
Activities Not included:
- Provide wireless network cards and adaptors.
- Provide wireless switches, hubs and routers.
Maximum planned downtime is < 87.6 hours out of 8,760 hours per year.
Wireless configuration instructions are available through ITFAQ.
Students, Faculty and staff on campus. This service is not available to residents in the AUS Staff Housing areas.
Students, Faculty and Staff are required to:
- Have a valid username and password.
- A device with wireless capabilities.
- Configure their devices as in ITFAQ website.
Wireless network is available on campus.
Access to the wireless network service is provided without a fee to the clients. Requests for new wireless access points require a departmental budget and IT approval.
Contact the IT Service desk by any of the following options:
|Option||On Campus||off Campus||International Calls|
|Phone||2100 option 3||06 515 2100 option 3||+971 6 515 2100 option 3|
|IT Service desk Website||http://itservicedesk.aus.edu|
Please have the following information available:
- AUS identification number.
- A brief description of the problem.
- Location of the client.