Posted on: 2 June, 2015 - 18:12
This service includes support for Telephone Service in offices, classrooms and labs on-campus.
- Provide Standard Phone Hardware with caller ID.
- Provide Physical Connectivity.
- Provide available Extension Numbers.
- Phone Line Configuration and testing dial tone.
- End-use Training Available Upon Request.
Activities not included
- Specific phone color or design.
- Wired/wireless headset.
- Cordless Phone.
- Phone Accessories.
Sunday – Thursday: 08:00 – 17:00, Excluding the university holidays
End-user training, on how to use phone, is available upon request.
Eligible clients are Faculty and Staff based on their access roles.
Clients are eligible for the following support:
- Dialing Local, Domestic and International numbers*.
- Phone number which can be dialed directly from off campus.
- Extension Authorization Code to lock/unlock phone and dialing**.
- Use Phone System basic features (Call Forward, Call Pickup, Conference Call, Placing a call on Hold, Speed dialing, Transfer Call)**.
* Head Department approval is sought to enable the Domestic and international dialing.
** More features are available on demand.
Clients are required to submit Office phone support requests via any of the IT Service Desk available options - See Further Information or Support.
Office phone service is available to eligible clients.
Office phone services are provided to the clients without any fees. Phone usage fees are charged to the employee’s home department.
Clients are required to fill out a budget-transfer form towards the purchases of new telephone devices or to upgrade the device – Please contact Technology Services Coordinator.
Contact the IT Helpdesk by any of the following options:
|Option||On Campus||off Campus||International Calls|
|Phone||2100 option 3||06 515 2100 option 3||+971 6 515 2100 option 3|
|IT Helpdesk Website||http://ithelpdesk.aus.edu|
Please have the following information available:
- AUS identification number.
- A brief description of the problem.
- Location of the client.