Posted on: 3 June, 2015 - 08:01
This service includes support for the following:
- Secure Email and calendaring platform to AUS Students, Faculty and Staff using Zimbra Collaboration Suite.
- Microsoft Office 365 accounts for Alumni Students.
- Provide custom mail distribution lists and global address book for faculty and staff.
- Deployment, maintenance and support for messaging services.
- Support services for all messaging services clients (students, faculty, staff and alumni).
- Create new individual and group email accounts.
- Create Mailing Lists.
Activities Not Included
- Outlook Training.
- Outlook support for Non AUS Equipment.
Maximum planned downtime is < 87.6 hours out of 8,760 hours per year.
No end user training is provided to clients on how to utilize the service.
More Instructions on email and calendaring can be found at IT Website.
Faculty and Staff Email accounts are created after signing contracts with HR; they are enrolled to the mailing lists based on the departmental requests.
Student Email accounts are created at the time they apply to AUS. Students registered with courses are automatically added to the respective group mailing lists.
Students, Faculty and Staff are required to report issues and inquiries via IT Service Desk.
Alumni once graduated, will be notified to choose an email address that will be used on Microsoft Office 365 Domain (@alumni.aus.edu).
Alumni are required to report issues to ODAA office by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty and Staff:
- Through a web browser (on-campus and off-campus) via the link: https://mailspot.aus.edu (or) desktop, tablets & smart Phones email clients.
- Through a web browser (on-campus and off-campus) via the link: https://studentmail.aus.edu (or) desktop, tablets & smart Phones email clients.
- Through a web browser (on-campus and off-campus) via the link: https://alumnimail.aus.edu.
This service is provided to clients without any fees.
Contact the IT Helpdesk by any of the following options:
|Option||On Campus||off Campus||International Calls|
|Phone||2100 option 3||06 515 2100 option 3||+971 6 515 2100 option 3|
|IT Helpdesk Website||http://ithelpdesk.aus.edu|
Please have the following information available:
- AUS identification number.
- A brief description of the problem.
- Location of the client.