Posted on: 3 June, 2015 - 08:04
This service includes support for the following:
- Provide voice mail services to faculty and staff on campus.
- Email Integration Voicemail, with Zimbra Webmail or mail application clients, (i.e. Outlook), allowing clients to receive voice mail messages in their e-mail.
- Desktop Fax, allowing clients to receive hard copy fax messages through the Voice Mail System – See Desktop Fax service Sheet in the service catalog.
- Provide voice mail account with a Password to secure user login*.
- Reset password and issue new password.
- Provide Personnel Identification (system recorded person name) **.
- Provide Speed-Dial button to access Voice Mail (available for IP Phone ONLY).
- Configure light indicator (RED LED) for new voice messages notification.
*After first login to the voice mail system, client will be prompted to reset the password.
**Clients can accept the system recorded name or can choose to record their name.
Activities not included
- Support for phone sets that are not provided by IT department (i.e. Personal Phones or Cordless devices, etc.)
- Retrieve messages that are deleted.
Sunday – Thursday: 08:00 – 17:00, Excluding the university holidays.
End-user Training Available Upon Request.
More Instructions on accessing voice mail system can be found at IT Website.
Faculty and Staff in all campus buildings, authorized residents, vendors or guests, and authorized adjunct faculty or part time staff.
Clients are eligible for the following support:
- Retrieve voice messages from everywhere (both on/off -campus).
- Send voice messages to individuals or groups on-campus.
- Record personal identification and greetings.
- Reset voice mail password.
- Use Voice Mail System special features (retrieve messages, transfer messages, soft fax, etc.)**
- Administer Web client for messages, greetings, etc.
** More features are available on demand and upon approval.
Clients are required to submit Voice Mail support requests via any of the IT Helpdesk available options - See Further Information or Support.
Voice Mail service is available to eligible client upon request and former authorization.
This service is provided to clients without any fees.
Contact the IT Helpdesk by any of the following options:
|Option||On Campus||off Campus||International Calls|
|Phone||2100 option 3||06 515 2100 option 3||+971 6 515 2100 option 3|
|IT Helpdesk Website||http://ithelpdesk.aus.edu|
Please have the following information available:
- AUS identification number.
- A brief description of the problem.
- Location of the client.