Posted on: 3 June, 2015 - 08:08
This service includes backup and restore support for the following:
- Messaging System – Email.
- Shared Folder Services – Network Home & Department Folders.
- Application, System and Database Services.
- Provide Email, Calendar and Contacts backup and restore services.
- Assist end users to restore deleted Files/Folders.
- Provide Application and Database backup and restore services.
- Support and troubleshoot backup and restores.
Activities not included
- Provide protection services for AUS desktop and laptop computers.
- Provide protection services for non-aus computers and devices.
- Provide protection services for single iLearn course content.
- Provide protection services for file share content.
Maximum planned downtime is < 87.6 hours out of 8,760 hours per year
No end-user training is provided to clients on how to utilize the service.
Authorized Students, Faculty and Staff.
Clients are required to submit data protection inquiries via any of the IT Service Desk available options - See Further Information or Support.
For Email restore request, please open restore request via IT Helpdesk.
For shared network folders, Right Click on the Network Folder select “Restore previous versions”, Select the Date Modified backup enabling you to retrieve lost or deleted data.
This service is provided to clients without any fees.
Contact the IT Helpdesk by any of the following options:
|Option||On Campus||off Campus||International Calls|
|Phone||2100 option 3||06 515 2100 option 3||+971 6 515 2100 option 3|
|IT Helpdesk Website||http://ithelpdesk.aus.edu|
Please have the following information available:
- AUS identification number.
- A brief description of the problem.
- Location of the client.