Posted on: 3 June, 2015 - 08:18
This service includes support for the generation and management of Faculty and Staff accounts.
- Create requested accounts with appropriate access levels for faculty and staff.
- Manage disk space quotas for network accounts.
Activities NOT included:
- Completing HR forms for the new staff and faculty.
- Manual creation of generic or shared network directory accounts to grant guest access to university computers (in computer labs or general computer areas) or wireless internet access.
Maximum planned downtime is < 87.6 hours out of 8,760 hours per year.
No end-user training is provided to clients on how to utilize the service.
AUS Faculty and Staff.
For Staff and adjunct Faculty, Email & Network Request Form should be filled and should contain the following information:
- The new employee AUS ID number (a form cannot be processed without an AUS ID)
- Employee name and contact information (phone, campus, office location, etc.)
- The name of the person authorizing this request from the list of authorized approvers. Authorized approvers are deans, directors and senior managers. Requests will not be processed if signed by a non-authorized approver (like administrative assistants).
For Faculty, account will be created automatically through an automated process. The process will start as soon as the HR record is created on Banner.
AUS faculty and staff may request new administrative accounts through Human Resources for themselves or on behalf of employees in their department.
This service is provided to clients without any fees.
Requests to grant guest access to university computers (in computer labs or general computer areas) using shared accounts will not be honored. If such access is required, it can only be granted using individual accounts that are created uniquely for each person. Manual creation of user accounts will not be done under any circumstances.
A process is defined on Banner that automates account creation for outreach students, and involves collecting minimal information about the users and access duration before the accounts are created. Only accounts generated using this process will be allowed to login to campus computers; all other guest access will be provided with general internet access through Wi-Fi only.
Please contact us using the details below if you need more information about Banner process.
|Option||On Campus||off Campus||International Calls|
|Phone||2100 option 3||06 515 2100 option 3||+971 6 515 2100 option 3|
|IT Service desk Website||http://itservicedesk.aus.edu|
Please have the following information available:
- AUS identification number.
- A brief description of the problem.
- Location of the client.