Posted on: 3 June, 2015 - 08:26
This service includes support for the following:
- Provide reliable and secure Internet access to all Students, Faculty, Staff and Guests.
- Provide reliable and secure Internet access on all standard desktop, laptop and mobile devices over wired and wireless connections with an optimal speed.
- Protect client devices from any external malware threats.
- Support and troubleshoot issues with the Internet service.
- Enforce UAE Telecom Regulatory Authority (TRA) Security rules.
Activities NOT included:
- Troubleshoot external websites issues.
- Domain registration or any kind of Web Hosting.
- Grant access to any site/portal, which is not permitted by UAE Telecom Regulatory Authority (TRA).
Maximum planned downtime is < 87.6 hours out of 8,760 hours per year.
No end-user training is available for this service.
Permanent / temporary students, alumni, faculty, staff and guests on the AUS Campus.
This service is available by default via wireless and wired network to all AUS Students, Faculty and Staff who have a valid AUS username and password.
Limited Internet access is available to AUS guests and visitors via wireless connection. This service will provide secure guest internet access for visitors using a self-registration portal. Guests can self-register through a web based registration portal, where they will provide their details and receive a login code via SMS that will enable them to connect to the internet.
Instructions on how guests can utilize the Guest Wireless service are available on the ITFAQ website at https://itfaq.aus.edu/faq/network-wireless/guests-and-visitors
Internet service can be access via any wireless and/or wire connection on the AUS campus.
This service is provided to clients without any fees.
Contact the IT Service desk by any of the following options:
|Option||On Campus||off Campus||International Calls|
|Phone||2100 option 3||06 515 2100 option 3||+971 6 515 2100 option 3|
|IT Service desk Website||http://itservicedesk.aus.edu|
Please have the following information available:
- AUS identification number.
- A brief description of the problem.
- Location of the client.