Posted on: 3 June, 2015 - 08:26
This service includes support for the following:
- Provide reliable and secure Internet access to all Students, Faculty, Staff and Guests.
- Provide reliable and secure Internet access on all standard desktop, laptop and mobile devices over wired and wireless connections.
- Protect client devices from any external malware threats.
- Support and troubleshoot issues with the AUS Internet service.
- Enforce UAE Telecom Regulatory Authority (TRA) Security rules.
Activities NOT included:
- Troubleshoot external websites access issues.
- Domain registration or any kind of Web Hosting.
- Grant access to any site/portal, which is not permitted by UAE Telecom Regulatory Authority (TRA).
Maximum planned downtime is < 87.6 hours out of 8,760 hours per year.
No end-user training is provided to clients on how to utilize the service.
Permanent / temporary students, alumni, faculty, staff and guests on the AUS Campus.
This service is available by default via wireless and wired network to all AUS Students, Faculty, Staff who have a valid AUS username and password. Limited Internet access is available to AUS Guests via wireless connection.
For Events and Conference, Internet can be access via a restricted wireless connection. A one-week notice should be submitted via ITHelpdesk@aus.edu to provide a temporary username and password to avail this service by event participants.
Internet service can be access via any wireless and/or wire connection on the AUS campus.
This service is provided to clients without any fees.
Contact the IT Helpdesk by any of the following options:
|Option||On Campus||off Campus||International Calls|
|Phone||2100 option 3||06 515 2100 option 3||+971 6 515 2100 option 3|
|IT Helpdesk Website||http://ithelpdesk.aus.edu|
Please have the following information available:
- AUS identification number.
- A brief description of the problem.
- Location of the client.