Posted on: 3 June, 2015 - 08:31
This service includes support for the following:
- Provide access to network services to Students, Faculty, Staff and Event Sponsors through a wired connection in campus buildings.
- Connect client’s Ethernet RJ45 port capable devices to nearest data wall socket.
- Activate data wall socket to nearest switch in the building’s IDF room.
- Protect client’s wired network traffic.
- Support and troubleshoot connectivity problems.
- Provide new network wall sockets (for fee service).
Activities NOT included:
- Provide wired network cards and adaptors.
- Provide wired switches, hubs and routers.
Maximum planned downtime is < 87.6 hours out of 8,760 hours per year.
No end-user training is provided to clients on how to utilize the service.
Permanent / temporary students, alumni, faculty, staff and event sponsors on the AUS Campus
Clients are required to submit an existing wall socket activation requests and/or new wall socket installation requests via any of the IT Helpdesk available options - See Further Information or Support.
The network can be accessed through any of existing wall sockets installed throughout campus buildings.
New Cabling service and wall socket installation will be provided to the clients when the service is requested.
Contact the IT Helpdesk by any of the following options:
|Option||On Campus||off Campus||International Calls|
|Phone||2100 option 3||06 515 2100 option 3||+971 6 515 2100 option 3|
|IT Helpdesk Website||http://ithelpdesk.aus.edu|
Please have the following information available:
- AUS identification number.
- A brief description of the problem.
- Location of the client.