Posted on: 3 June, 2015 - 08:40
This service includes support for the following:
- Assisting walk-in registered students, alumni, permanent / temporary faculty and staff and guests.
- Receive and record inquiries of all walk-in clients.
- Configure wireless networks.
- Reset account passwords.
- Configure emails and provide first level support for email issues.
- Scan laptops and PCs for viruses and troubleshoot software issues.
- Configure personal wireless routers (for staff and faculty members only).
Activities NOT included:
- Hardware replacement for non-AUS desktops and laptops nor AUS PCs/laptops not under warrantee.
- Provision or sale of software for students.
- Provision or sale of software for faculty and staff members’ non-AUS laptops.
- Insure all required drivers are installed after formatting non-AUS laptops / PCs.
- Help with the installation of non-genuine software including operating systems for students, faculty or staff.
- Backup of information on non-AUS desktops and laptops for students, faculty or staff.
- Provision of access to the Conference network - if the request was not made 24 hours prior to the Conference.
Sunday – Thursday: 08:00 – 17:00, Excluding the university holidays.
No end-user training is provided to clients on how to utilize the service.
Clients are required to submit IT related support requests via any of the IT Helpdesk available options - See Further Information or Support.
IT Clients Services support can be accessed by visiting the IT Help Desk during working hours (8:00-17:00, Sunday through Thursday).
This service is provided to clients without any fees.
Contact the IT Helpdesk by any of the following options:
|Option||On Campus||off Campus||International Calls|
|Phone||2100 option 3||06 515 2100 option 3||+971 6 515 2100 option 3|
|IT Helpdesk Website||http://ithelpdesk.aus.edu|
Please have the following information available:
- AUS identification number.
- A brief description of the problem.
- Location of the client.